Family Reunion, Chicago, 2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

update august 2008

2 posters

Go down

update august 2008 Empty update august 2008

Post  Henry Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:27 pm

we are in the midst of planning for the reunion...
we are excited about having everyone in chicago...
before you know it august will be here...
we have decided on a pig roast...we'll be tasting the food from the caterer soon...
the theme of the saturday dinner will be "a chicago style pig roast"

fran and rich will host friday open house...they will be serving sloppy joe's...baked ham with cole slaw,
corn on the cob...with the fixings
the time of the events has yet to be determined...

chicago will be an exciting place to be that week...thursday there's a baseball game in town...
saturday and sunday is the AIR AND WATER SHOW on the lake front...that really is spectacular...
we are planning on taking the kids on a pony ride in the forest preserve on saturday morning...
of course, swimming in the local pool is available...and travis has been practicing bocci ball in the yard...
we have lincoln park and brookfield zoo...the museums are great here...i know i'm leaving things out...

get ready for a spelling bee with the kids on saturday afternoon...and, family feud, after dinner on saturday evening(jason is going to play richard dawson)...remember, this is only a demonstration, it is not a competition, please no wagering on who wins family feud...
there will be a tent in the yard, so maybe a poker game will breakout...

golf is a possibilty for the guys...fran lives just beyond the 16th hole of a golf course...so i'll bring some clubs and balls...and maybe someone might try to sneak on the course and play a few holes...of course, we can also make arrangements for tee time legitimately...there is a nice golf course called TAM just 10 minutes from my house...it's very reasonable (9 holes)...i played there alot last year...maybe david could arrange a game for the guys at one of his favorite courses...

david and shelley will be hosting sunday brunch at our house...
coci terri and nina are planning on cooking dinner on thursday...

most of the housing arrangements have been made...i was very happy to hear that chris, michelle and their family will be staying with gena and travis in park ridge...

written invitations will be mailed soon...hotel info will be included for anyone that needs it...if you have any questions, comments or praise for the host...please call or post it on the website...
keep a lookout for the invitations they are on the way...

Henry

Back to top Go down

update august 2008 Empty Golf

Post  ShellyDave Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:26 pm

Henry,

Played golf w/ a couple high school buddies of yours last week. Jim Lehiegh and Carlos Rodriguez.....

Thinking about White Pines in Bennsenville on Friday for the reunion.

~930 tee times than head over to Fran's ??

DAVE

ShellyDave

Back to top Go down

update august 2008 Empty Re: update august 2008

Post  Henry Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:02 pm

hey Dave,
I'm glad you bumped into Jim Leahy. I'm sure he remembers me. He went to St. Ferdinand's grammar school. He was one year older than me. We played them in basketball and football every year. In my 7th grade year we beat them in both basketball and football. I'm not braggin but it's true.
Carlos Martinez on the other hand was the greatest High School basketball player I ever played against. In my junior year in high school I was the 12th man on a 12 man team. Carlos was the star guard. I had to guard him every day in practice. it was embarassing. It was like a man playing against a boy. I could never stop him. He went on to play in college at St. Louis and on to the Olympics for the team from Puerto Rico. But I have fond memories of Carlos. He probably doesn't even remember me.
As for golf, I'm kind of a 9 hole player these days. There is a 9 hole course at Tam which is in great shape this year, however, for those serious golfers who want to play 18 White Pines is outstanding and not very far away. 9:30 tee off on Friday makes sense. I'm not 100% sure I could play 18 holes, I am getting old, Dave. I'm 57 but then again your Dad and Uncle Tony are in their 70's and can play 18. So I'll just play it by ear and probably play. Why don't you make the arrangements for the tee time. We probably will need two 4somes.
Val is interested in talking to you and Shelley about Sunday Brunch, but we have time for that. Also, have you invited any friends or family for Saturday night? You know they are welcome. Just give us the number for the caterer.
Let's use email or the web site to keep in touch about the reunion plans. We'll be out of town July 27th - july 31st for a short vacation but will be checking our emails.
Keep in touch.
Henry

Henry

Back to top Go down

update august 2008 Empty Re: update august 2008

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down